Thursday, June 30, 2011

Open Letter to CONduit Trustees and Their Reply

Carl Stark posted a public letter to the Trustees of CONduit.
Open Letter to the Trustees

The Trustees have replied.
Open Letter Response

Please read both letters. I think the Trustees are making a concerted effort to make the changes desired by the majority of Utah fen. This does include Trustees attending club events and answering questions in person. Keep in mind that no convention, club, organization, group, etc. can please all of the people all of the time. All CONduit can hope to do is please the majority of the people the majority of the time.

Now the hard part. The convention needs people who want to see this vision through to volunteer to lead that vision. Applications for the Department Head positions are being accepted through July 1st. If you truly want to see CONduit become the convention that you want it to be, apply to take a role in that change. If you aren't selected, volunteer to help the new Department Heads by working one of their sub-departments. This is an all volunteer, not for profit organization after all.

Apply Here!

2 comments:

  1. Just so folks know, I have applied to be on this Administrative Committee. If I don't get the role I've applied for, I won't be angry and blame it on prejudice of any kind. I will volunteer in one or more sub-departments and continue to push the agenda of positive change. I will be the loud, squeaky wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applied for the Chief of Security position.

    -Buma

    ReplyDelete