Sunday, July 3, 2011

Letter From the Trustees on CONduit Offices

Hi all,

We wanted to thank absolutely everyone who applied for one of the new department head positions with CONduit. We deeply appreciate everyone's willingness to offer their help. We had a lot of great applications, and in many cases had to make hard choices between several qualified candidates.

After some long discussions and a long meeting today we decided on who is going to fill nearly all the different Dept Head positions for this first year under the new structure. We will be sending out acceptance and rejection e-mails to people soon, and announcing the new Dept Heads at the July meeting.

Please don't take any rejection e-mail you may receive personally, we had more applicants than we expected and we could only give the job to one person. We feel that everyone who volunteered had good skills and/or perspectives to offer, and we hope that everyone can find somewhere they would like to help because our new Dept Heads will need lots of volunteers to help them.

We did want to announce one new Dept Head so she can hit the ground running as it were. Erin Ruston will be the Chairbeing for CONduit 22. We have every confidence that Erin will do a great job leading CONduit back to it's roots while preserving all of the good things we still do.

-- The Doctor is dead... Long live The Doctor!
_
|_|_| Brad Hawks
|_| | brad@hawks5.net

4 comments:

  1. My reply:
    Thank you for the condolulations. Warning, this is what happens when you choose to open your big mouth. Blogs get you into trouble. ;)

    It is my sincerest hope that we can bury the old divisiveness and make CONduit the inclusive event that it was envisioned to be. We have a finite pie, but I want everyone to at least get a nice slice. This is going to take a whole lot of sweat equity from all interested parties.

    I would like a representative from each club or organization to contact me with your meeting schedule, if it isn't already on the Geek Calendar that Carl Stark and I have been building. I will only add your meetings to the calendar if you want them there. This does include the various writers circles I know exist. I want to have an idea of when and where to find you, because I want to drop in on the various groups that make up the whole body of fandom around here. I want your opinions and feedback. I have thick skin.

    Heather Monson has been kind enough to agree to be the convention Secretary.

    Since poor Brad has been doing the books for a very long time, I would like to give him a break. He will continue to fill in until the post is filled. I am accepting applications for the position of convention treasurer. This individual is required to attend at most ConCom meetings (if not all), have proven financial skills, and be detail oriented.

    Now, here's one I place special importance on. I am accepting applications for the position of Fan Club Liaison. This individual needs to have familiarity with and be known by a significant number of the area clubs, be diplomatic and be willing to give up a lot of time to attend the various club meetings in the area.

    Individuals interested in either of the two positions can email me directly. I will be accepting these applications until July 23rd.

    Lets dig in and have a great time!

    Erin Ruston
    http://rpgwords.blogspot.com/
    "I wear my robe so that I am warm; I carry my lightsaber so that I am safe; and I keep enough credits for my next meal, so that I am not hungry. If the Force wants me to have more, it finds a way of letting me know."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Erin. :)

    My meeting stuff is posted and we have more stuff coming up.

    Talk to you soon,

    -Robert
    ERT - Ghostbusters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Robert. Just so that you are aware, Security is a sub-department under Operations. Once the Operations Chief is announced, make sure to apply with him or her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL

    I see you saw my application.

    I figure I would do the general apply and see what happens.

    I will really try to attend the next meeting, its right around the corner from my house.

    Again, congrats. :)

    -Robert

    ReplyDelete