Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Welcome to my new project

Just to give you an idea of what to expect from this blog and who I am:

Mostly, I will be telling funny stories from my games and sharing my views on what a healthy, enjoyable gaming group is. I don't have kids or want kids; so don't look to this blog for parenting vs gaming issues. I really can't help you, other than to tell you how the other gamers feel when the kids somehow become a disruption to the group.

I'm a rare breed; the middle aged, female gamer. My social skills don't suck, I'm gainfully employed in a technical field, own a home and I bathe on regular basis. My books are out-breeding the weeds in my garden. Outside of gaming, most of my hobbies are geeky. I like filk music, fannish media, MMOs, dressing in costume just to freak out the mundanes and I've been collecting Star Wars stuff since Episode IV was just Star Wars.

My gaming habit started from the time I could read and count. I've played role-playing games off and on since 1979 and live-action rpgs since 1993. Some of the people I currently game with have been part of my gaming group since 1992. Other have joined in the last couple of years.

I've played every incarnation of Dungeons and Dragons... and the Star Wars RPG. My gaming tends to focus on White Wolf and WotC products. I've played a lot of games other than those; Rifts, Cyberpunk, Shadowrun, Traveller, etc. I'm also open to trying new games. As far as LARPing; I'm a long term member of the Camarilla, I've played in a local boffer LARP, and I'm always on the lookout for some Amber Diceless.

On the MMO front; I've played Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes and I'm eagerly anticipating Star Wars: The Old Republic. I'm not really a console gamer, nor am I really into CCGs/TCGs. Though, I've dabbled in both. My board game collection is threatening to eat my books. I suspect they have secret battles while I sleep.

I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it. My goal is to publish at least once a week. I also appreciate questions and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment